Mrs.Whitlam Blasts Off

Margaret Whitlam, the wife of former Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam, apparently called Jeanette Howard 'useless' and complained about her hand-holding with her husband, who is, of course, the present Prime Minister. Instead of apologising, she continued to complain on the Sunday programme on Channel Nine and really 'put her foot in it'. The original comments (I will be adding a link!) were made in a new biography. They may be good publicity for this...or not.

I will probably get a lot of flak for this, but I think that these comments show her to be a catty and nasty old woman, who is perhaps jealous? Mrs. Howard has been praised for her work for breast cancer - even by Roz Kelly, a former Labor MP. Holding hands just shows that the Howard's are happily married, as far as I'm concerned - it is neither 'silly' nor 'girly'.

My comments would be the same if Mrs.Howard had made these remarks about Mrs.Whitlam, and politics doesn't come into it, but I can't imagine it. She is too lady-like.

Comments

Popular Posts