Whatever is Lovely: Design for an Elegant Spirit by Marsha Maurer

(Silk Scarves) Public Domain Picture 

Designed to help women achieve elegance, harmony, and grace, Whatever is Lovely is well-written and filled with memorable quotations, including Christian ones, and helpful advice about every aspect of life. These include decoration, being a good hostess, and taking care of one's soul. Maurer also shares anecdotes from her own life as examples. I especially liked the rituals which she shares with her husband on Michael Mass Day and the stories about her travels.

It's all quite difficult to live up to, but it's very inspiring. The picture of Maurer is also inspiring because she looks exactly like the kind of person who lives the life which she describes. I read this on my Kindle but I'd like the actual book. I'm also interested in reading more books by this author


 

Comments

Popular Posts