Always in Fashion by Albert Geiger

I hadn't heard of Bert Geiger but I liked the photos of his dress designs when I looked him up.  This long book tells the story of his successes and failures in the fashion world, and it certainly sounds like a hard life.  Luckily, Bert had a resilient and optimistic character and he was able to pick himself up again fairly rapidly most of the time.  He needed every ounce of these qualities.

He is a very engaging person, judging by this autobiography, but he is also searingly honest about his being raised a Catholic and how this affected his relationships,and the troubles caused by the rebellion of his children who appeared to 'begin the Sixties revolution!' The book has some strange anecdotes about his time in India, as well.

This is fairly technical so I sometimes found it a bit dull, but I would recommend it for any budding fashion designers.

I received this from Edelweiss in return for an honest review.

Comments

Popular Posts